ILLUMINANCE SPECTROHPTOMETER CL-500A
For Evaluation Of Next Generation Light Sources
Konica Minolta CL-500A illuminance spectrophotometer is lightweight and portable instruments ideal for light sources including next generation lamps such as LED and EL illumination.
The CL-500A illuminance spectrophotometer is also the first handheld illuminance spectrophotometer that conform to both DIN and JIS standard. The instrument can measure illuminance, chromaticity, color temperature, color rendering index (CRI), dominant wavelength (DW), excitation purity (Pe), spectral irradiance, spectral power distribution and S/P ratio of Scotopic Illuminance and Photopic Illuminance can also be displayed.
The CL-500A comes standard with the CL-S10w Data management Software capable of downloading directly into Excel. The device features a display that shows data such as spectral irradiance values, chart color rendering indices, spectral waveform, and enabled LED Binning Function. 2 to 10 CL-500A can be daisy-chained for multi-point measurements.
Light Emitting Diode (LED billboard | Organic LED (OLED) | Electroluminescence (EL) lighting | Building and interior lighting research | Projector light source research and color inspection | Color viewing cabinet maintenance | Evaluating illuminance distribution of lighting fixtures | Evaluating light distribution characteristics of LED illumination module
CL-500A Illuminance Spectrophotometer
- Ability to measure CRI! Also measures and displays spectral distribution graph and peak wavelength in addition to illuminance, chromaticity, and color temperature.
- First compact, lightweight spectral irradiance meter in the world to conform to precise DIN and JIS standards. The CL-500A conforms to both DIN 5032 Part 7 Class-B and JIS C 1609-1:2006 General Class AA standards which ensure high accuracy illuminance measurements.
- Portable & Lightweight – Weighs in at only 350g or about 12oz! A high-speed processor and integrated LCD screen provides the CL-500A the ability to function as a stand-alone instrument. The CL-500A also has an internal memory of 100 data points that may be downloaded and evaluated more thoroughly at a later time.
- Incudes Data Management Software CL-S10w – A convenient, easy to use Excel add-in software is included as a standard accessory for easy control of measurement procedures.
- High-speed measurement – Using the Software Development Kit (SDK) you can obtain measurements as fast as 5 times/sec. Instrument is suitable for production application.
CL-500A Illuminance Spectrophotometer
|Type Name||Illuminance Spectrophotometer CL-500A|
|Illuminance meter class||Illuminance meter class Conforms to requirements for Class AA of JIS C 1609-1: 2006 “Illuminance meters Part 1: General measuring instruments”*1 Conforms to DIN 5032 Part 7 Class B|
|Wavelength range||360 ~ 780 nm|
|Output wavelength spacing||1 nm|
|Spectral bandwidth||Approx. 10 nm (half bandwidth)|
|Wavelength accuracy||±0.3 nm (Median wavelengths of 435.8 nm, 546.1 nm, and 585.3 nm*2 as specified in JIS Z 8724)*3|
|Measurement range||0.1 to 100,000 lx (chromaticity display requires 5 lx or more)|
|Accuracy *4, 5(Standard illuminants A)||Ev (Illuminance) : ±2%±1 digit of displayed value|
|xy: ±0.0015 (10 to 100,000 lx)|
xy: ±0.002 (5 to 10 lx)
(Standard illuminant A)
|Ev: 0.5% + 1digit|
|XY: .0005 (500 ~ 100,000 lx)|
XY: .001 (100 ~ 500 lx)
XY: .002 (30 ~ 100 lx)
XY: 0.004 (5 ~ 30 lx)
|Visible-region relative spectral response characteristics (f1′)||Within 1.5% of spectral luminous efficiency V (λ)|
|Cosine response (f2)||Ev: Within 3%|
|Temperature drift (fT)||Ev: ±3% of displayed value; xy: ±0.003|
|Humidity drift (fH)||Ev: ±3% of displayed value; xy: ±0.003|
|Measurement time||Super Fast mode: Approx. 0.2 sec. (when connected to computer);|
Fast mode: Approx. 0.5 sec.;
Slow mode: Approx. 2.5 sec.;
Automatic exposure time setting (high accuracy) mode: Approx. 0.5 to 27 sec.
|Display modes||XYZ; X10Y10Z10; Evxy; Evu’v’; Ev; Dominant wavelength, Excitation purity; Correlated color temperature, Δuv; General color-rendering index (Ra); Special color-rendering indexes (Ri (i=1~15)); Spectral graph; Peak wavelength; Δ (XYZ); Δ (X10Y10Z10); Δ (Evxy); Δ (Evu’v’); Rank display|
|Other Features||Data memory: 100 data; User calibration function (when connected to computer); Continuous measurement (when connected to computer); Auto off function|
|Language||English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified)|
|Power||Rechargeable internal lithium-ion battery (Operating time per charge: Approx. 6 hours when new); AC adapter; USB power bus|
|Operating temperature and humidity range||-10 to 40°C, relative humidity of 85% or less (at 35°C) with no condensation|
|Storage temperature and humidity||-10 to 45°C, relative humidity of 85% or less (at 35°C) with no condensation|
|Size||70 × 165 × 83 mm|
*1 For Section 7.6.3 Response Time, when measurement speed mode is set to FAST mode.
*2 For 585.3 nm, evaluation performed using substitute wavelength of 587.5 nm.
*3 Based on Konica Minolta test standards (change in temperature of 2°C or less after zero
*4 Automatic exposure time setting (high accuracy) mode
*5 Linear for Ev (Illuminance)
Main specifications of Data Management Software CL-S10w
|Type||Add-in for Excel®|
(Excel® is required to use this add-in.)
|Operating environment||One of the following environments with Excel® installed: * Languages in parenthesis ( ) are the OS language. Windows® XP + Excel® 2003 (English, Japanese, or Simplified Chinese)|
Windows® 7 + Excel® 2010 (English, Japanese, or Simplified Chinese)
* For details on system requirements for above versions of Windows® and/or Excel®, refer to their respective specifications.
|Compatible Instruments||CL-500A, CL-200A, CL-200|
All information provided herein, specifications and dimensions are subject to change without notice due to circumstances.