AUGMENTED AND VIRTUAL REALITY (AR/VR) LENS
For Near-Eye Displays (NEDs) Testing Within Headsets
Radiant Vision Systems has developed a unique optical design to engineer for the characterization for near-eye display such as those integrated into virtual (VR), mixed (MR), and augmented reality (AR) headsets. Radiant Vision Systems AR/VR lens design simulates the size, position, and field of view of the human eye. the aperture of the AR/VR lens is located on the front of the lens, enabling positioning of the imaging system’s entrance pupil within NED headsets to view head-mounted displays (HMDs) at the same location as the human eye.
Radiant Vision Systems AR/VR lens includes aperture characteristics that simulate the approximate size, position, and field of view of the human eye. With the aperture at the front of the lens, the connected imaging system can capture the full field of view (FOV) of the display (up to 120° horizontal, covering approximate human binocular FOV) without obstruction by the lens hardware. The aperture size of 3.6 mm also matches the size of a human entrance pupil, allowing displays to be measured under the same conditions as they are viewed by a human observer. This ensures that all aspects of the display visible to the user are comprehensively measured to ensure the intended experience. Learn more
Augmented Reality (AR), Mixed Reality (MR), and Virtual Reality (VR) headsets | Test and measurement of luminance, chromaticity, contrast, modulation transfer function (MTF), image distortion, image sticking, and x,y image position | Characterization and quality control for devices in production, QA and R&D
Radiant Vision Systems AR/VR Lens
- Accurate, reliable measurement of display luminance and chromaticity
- Aperture positioned at front of lens to simulate human eye entrance pupil, capturing full field of view (FOV) of head-mounted display (HMD) projections through headset viewing lenses
- Aperture size (3.6 mm) simulates human eye pupil size
- FOV of lens (120° horizontal) covers approximate FOV of binocular human vision
- Designed to be positioned at the eye relief location
- Easily paired with ProMetric imaging colorimeters or photometers
- Combination of low cost, high performance, and flexibility, designed for R&D and quality assurance
- Easy-to-use measurement control and analysis software
- 29- or 43-megapixel ProMetric Imaging Photometer (Y29, Y43) or Colorimeter (I29) (for maximum FOV imaging)
- 3.0 GHz and 8 cores
- 16 – 32 GB RAM
- Windows® 7 or 10, 64 bit
- Ethernet 100/1000 or USB 2.0
Radiant Vision Systems AR/VR Lens
|Primary Application||Light and color measurement for near-eye displays (NEDs) in headsets|
|Aperture||3.6mm; Located at front of lens|
|Luminance – Minimum||Manual; Range 025 m to infinity|
|Luminance Maximum**||0.05 cd/m²|
|Measurement capabalities***||10,000 cd/m² (Y series); 1000000cd/m² (I series)|
|Units***||cd/m², nit, W/sr/m², fL, CIE (xy) and (u’v’), Kelvin (CCT)|
|Paired with Camera||ProMetric I2/Y2||ProMetric I8||ProMetric I16/Y16,||ProMetric I29/Y29||ProMetric Y43|
|Approx. Field Of View*** (Horizontal)||30°||60°||90°||120°|
|Approx. Field Of View*** (Vertical)||22°||45°||60°||80°|
* Specifications subject to change without notice.
** Maximum luminance is for 1 ms. For higher luminance for Y-series cameras, contact Info@RadiantVS.com.
*** Color measurement available with I-series cameras only.
**** At 2 m working distance. Actual field of view may vary by approximately 1%.