Automotive Paint Defects And Surface Texture Analysis Tools
Rhopoint Optimap™ PSD marks a revolution in the control of surface quality. Subjective visual assessment be can replaced with reliable representative measurement for the first time. Optimap™ PSD is the first portable instrument to map and measure surface texture. The instrument uses an advanced measuring technique known as Phase Stepped Deflectometry (PSD).
The Optimap™ is capable of making fast, objective, full filled measurements over large areas requiring no movement of the surface. Surface texture is used to quantify visible fault such as Orange Peel, Waviness and DOI problem. In a single fast operation the Optimap™ 2 maps the topography of a test surface displaying faults and texture in incredible detail. Mapped information is processed into objective surface measurements that can be used to effectively control product quality. This product can be compared to the Wavescan DOI
Automotive | Yatch Manufacturer | Aerospace | Composite | Wood Coatings | Paint Coatings | Automotive Refinished | Metal Polisher | Tablet PC, Smartphone and Latop Covers
Rhopoint Optimap™ PSD
- Rugged and accurate the Optimap™ 2 is suitable for laboratory, factory or on-site inspection.
- The soft touch measurement portal means the instrument can be used safely on the highest quality surfaces.
- No movement required during measurement
- Surface texture and defects can be assessed on a huge variety of surfaces: semi matt surfaces to polished mirrors, small & curved parts
- A large area is mapped in a single operation (79mm x 57mm), up to 100 times more representative than other texture scan instruments
- A variety of diﬀerent shaped regions can be created actively on the screen image allowing areas inside or outside the region to be included or excluded.
This advanced functionality is useful for surfaces with complex shapes where areas fall outside the instruments ﬁeld of view of measurement.
Once a region has been created and conﬁrmed, measurement results
adjust to the new image dimensions. Regions can be resized and moved
to allow selection of a region of interest or deleted completely restoring
the original image.
- Onscreen texture maps show orange peel, waviness and surface defects in incredible detail
- Objective measurements can be displayed in traceable SI units or selected industrial scales
Rhopoint Optimap™ PSD
|Range||Wave Length (mm)||Curvature (m-1)|
|K||0.1 – 30.3||2.246|
|Ka||0.1 – 0.3||1.526|
|Kb||0.3 – 1.0||1.217|
|Kc||1.0 – 3.0||0.390|
|Kd||3.0 – 10.0||0.446|
|Ke||10.0 – 30.0||0.199|
- Display: 6.5 inch Colour VGA TFT Touch Screen
- Camera: 1.3 Megapixels, image resolution 1296 x 966
- Measurement Area: 79mm x 57mm
- Lateral Resolution: 75µm
- Data storage: 6GB Compact Flash – 200 readings
- Power: Lithium Ion Battery 4800mAH / 4-8 hour usage / charge
- Weight: 3.0 Kg
- Dimensions: H – 200mm, W – 218mm, D – 250mm
- Better than 1%
- Reproducibility: Better than 2%