MINIMUM FILM FORMING TEMPERATURE 90 INSTRUMENT
Easy-To-Use With Touch Screen Interface Minimum Film Forming Temperature For Water Base Coating Measurement Applications
Rhopoint Minimum Film Forming Temperature 90 instrument is the industry leading instrument for measuring the MFFT of water based material. MFFT definition “The Lowest Temperature at which a latex, emulsion or adhesive will uniformly coalesce when laid on a substrate as a thin film”. Rhopoint MFFT work by holding a very accurate temperature gradient across the nickel plated copper platen.
The MFFT 90 instrument is designed and built with easy to use touch screen interface, digital MFFT temperature calculation and output to handy results labels. These additions to the trusted Rhopoint MFFT make the instrument easier to operate with improved certainty of results.
The temperature bar consists of a copper platen with an electronically imposed temperature gradient. Built in temperature sensors monitor the temperature across the platen, a graph of the gradient is displayed on the touch screen.
Purge gas is integrally dried, and flows over the platen via a sintered distribution block. The hinged perspex cover provides thermal and atmospheric insulation whilst allowing constant visual inspection of a test. A cursor is moved to indicate the identified MFFT point; the instrument calculates and displays the temperature in the required units.
- ASTM 2354 Standard Test Method for Minimum Film Formation Temperature (MFFT) of Emulsion Vehicles
- ISO 2115 Plastics — Polymer dispersions — Determination of white point temperature and minimum film-forming temperature
Paint | Resins | Adhesive
Rhopoint MFFT 90
- Determines the MFFT of latex, emulsions and adhesives
- Easy to use touch screen programme control
- Nickel plated copper platen with an electronically imposed temperature gradient
- Optional results printer for printing date and time stamped MFFT results
- -10˚C to 90˚C operation